The NEET 2017 examination will be tentatively held in May 2017. So, before applying for the NEET 2017 entrance examination, there are lot more things that every students must know. If a candidate is new and will apply for the NEET 2017 examination, there are various details that you should know. There are certain eligibility criteria that a candidate has to follow if they are thinking of applying for the NEET 2017 examination. If a candidate fails to meet with the eligibility criteria, they cannot apply for the examination. Find the details below before applying for NEET 2017.
The details on eligibility Criteria
- Students should be a citizen of India and Overseas Citizen of Indian (OCI)
- It is compulsory to attain the age of 17 years at the time of admission or on or before 31st December 2017.
- The maximum age limit for the general category candidates is 25 and for the reserved category candidates its 30 years.
- The qualification to apply for the examination is that candidates have to pass the 12th standard with science stream with Chemistry, Physics, Bio-technology/Biology and English.
- General category candidates have to secure 50% marks in PCB, 45% for PH general category candidates and 40% for OBC, ST and SC candidates.
Candidates who have the above mentioned criteria can only apply for the NEET 2017 examination.
The preparation strategy for NEET should be the same like AIPMT. Since we know NEET exam covers NCERT syllabus as well, as they will help in creating your base. Try to cover the entire 11th and 12th NCERT syllabus .
Few things to remember before the NEET exam are as follows:
- Make a timetable to study, so that you can cover all the subjects equally .
- Establish a strong base on Physics ,Chemistry and Biology.
- Try to make short notes as it helps you to revise during the exam.
- Go through the old question papers of AIPMT,it gives you some idea about the topics which are important.
- Concentrate more on weaker areas.
- Practice mock test, previous years papers, sample papers on regular basis. It helps you to improve your knowledge on particular subjects.
- Make a note of formulas of PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY ,it will be easy for you to revise before the exam.
- Do yoga or meditation or any other form to relax your mind before studying.It helps you to calm your mind and concentrate more on studies.
- Focus on your goal, work hard and be confident then definitely the success will be yours.