Medical Colleges in Chennai – National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination (NEET) is a national-level entrance examination conducted for students who want to pursue MBBS and BDS courses from various medical colleges in India. Every year a large number of brilliant students appear in the NEET examination.Have you applied for NEET 2017? There are array of colleges in India that offers MBBS and BDS courses and to get the admission candidates have to appear in the NEET examination. Qualified one will get their seats in the medical college.
Are you searching for medical colleges in Chennai under NEET 2017? Well, lots of question will arise in the minds of the medical aspirants during this time. So, if you are thinking of pursuing your MBBS and BDS programs from medical colleges in Chennai, have a look on the lines below.
Eligibility Criteria to Appear in the NEET 2017
- Candidates have to score minimum 50% marks in their 12th standard final examination.
- The age limit in the NEET 2017 examination is 17 years and minimum age limit is 25 years.
NEET 2017 Seat Reservation
NEET has reserved certain seats for the backwards and Physically handicapped candidates. Below is the break-ups for the seat reservation.
- For OBC candidates, 25% seats are reserved
- For SC candidates, 15% seats are reserved
- For ST candidates, 7.5% seats are reserved
- For PH candidates, 3% seats are reserved
NEET Admission Process
Candidates have to score a minimum qualifying mark in the NEET 2017 examination to get top-class Medical colleges. NEET 2017 will be conducted in May 2017. Candidates will get the seat allotment, based on their ranks. There will be two selection process, i.e. for 15% All India Quota and the other is 85% state level quota.
Every college whether it is a government or private medical college, every college has to follow NEET 2017 to select the candidates for the seats. No private college can conduct their own entrance examination.
Medical colleges in ChennaiList of Medical Colleges in Chennai under NEET 2017. Government Medical colleges in Chennai and Private Medical colleges in Chennai with Address and Seats available
|Name of the medical college||Address||Started year||Available seats||official website|
|Madha Medical College and Hospital, Thandalam, Chennai||Kovur, Kundrathur Main Rd, Thandalam, Tamil Nadu 600128||2011||150||www.madhagroups.org|
|Sri Muthukumaran Medical College,Chennai||hikkarayapuram, Kunrathur Road, Near Mangadu, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600069||2011||150||smmchri.res.in|
|D.D. Medical College and Hospital, Tiruvallur, Chennai||Survey No.7, D.D Nagar Bus Stop,Chennai to Tirupathi National Highway, Kunnavalam Post, Thiruvallur Taluk & District, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 631210||2010||http://www.ddhospitals.org/|
|Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||CLC Works Road, Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600044||2010||150||www.sbmch.ac.in|
|ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||Poonamalle High Road, Velappanchavadi, Tamil Nadu 600077||2008||150||acsmch.ac.in|
|The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University,Chennai||69, Anna Salai, Little Mount, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600032||2008||150||www.tnmgrmu.ac.in|
|Tagore Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||Rathinamangalam, Melakottaiyur,Chennai 600 127.||1999||150||tagoremch.edu.in/|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai||Ramachandra Nagar, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600116||1985||150||www.sriramachandra.edu.in|